Prevent Child Abuse North Dakota

Monday, February 23, 2015

Spirit Lake Home Visiting Program Surpasses Target Enrollment!

By Allyson Bartlett, Spirit Lake Home Visiting Program Supervisor

Embarking on a new journey can be exciting, yet have moments of uneasiness. For me, I was extremely ecstatic when I was asked by a former supervisor to join her team to implement a new home visiting program on Spirit Lake Nation. I accepted the position in November 2014. I soon discovered feelings of uneasiness because I never imagined that our program would grow so fast in such a short period of time.
As with any new program, I realized there will be periods of “growing” pains, and I also recognize that we should look at our work as a progress in motion. Spirit Lake Home Visiting Program is currently feeling the “growing” pains, but I am enthused by the growing amount of families showing interest in the program.
We are pleased to announce that we have officially outgrown the target number of families to serve!
We are now at a stage where we are investigating the possibility of expanding to serve more families or exploring the option of placing families interested in the program on a waiting list. I feel that all of this would not have been possible, had I not had a great team to assist with the development of our program. I am enthusiastic about our team’s progress, and I look forward to future endeavors!
For more information about the Spirit Lake Visiting Program, contact Allyson Bartlett at abartlett @ spiritlakehv.com or 701.766.1200.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment